Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mencintai Dengan Sederhana

As a student majoring in literature, of course here and then I would be assigned to read some poems, sometimes I even take the initiative to read one or two. It would only be weird if I don't.

Some of you probably been familiar with Chairil Anwar's Aku. Well, I think anyone who was a teenager growing up in 2002-2005 would easily recognize it thanks to Ada Apa Dengan Cinta. Doh. Don't even get me startin on how much people quoted that on Friendster.

Of all the Indonesian poetries I've read, this is one that I like the most. It's 'Aku Ingin' by Sapardi Djoko Damono.

Aku ingin mencintaimu dengan sederhana
dengan kata yang tak sempat diucapkan
kayu kepada api yang menjadikannya abu

Aku ingin mencintaimu dengan sederhana
dengan isyarat yang tak sempat disampaikan
awan kepada hujan yang menjadikannya tiada

It's so simple yet so beautifully composed by Mr.Damono (and he's a Pisces too! #TeamPisces :P). The thing with it is I can read it several times after, and still have different interpretation each time. Depends on how I am at that moment. I'm not gonna discuss what impact it has on me, because a poetry has different impact on each person, and from every interpretation you can see how their mind really works. It helps you to know a person. Well, at least for me it does. Now, in whatever I do, I'm gonna try to mencintai dengan sederhana. Godspeed!

No comments: