Friday, February 6, 2009

Meeting New People is Exhausting

I am always nervous at meeting new people. Based on my previous experiences, I've always given the worst first impression. I mean it's the most important time of general social encounters where you get to give prejudices and judgements (not really two different words, just trying to look smart by using difficult vocabs haha). I don't have the best facial expressions (I always look irritated most of the time,even when I smile I still look a bit annoying), and really kinda creepy and freaky sense of humour, so I'm afraid my sense of humour will drive people away. Before my college friends told me their first impressions on me, I never realised that I'm such a bad first impression giver *yea look at me talkin like it is only my first impression that is bad. I also give second third bad and so on and so on bad impression haha*.

They said my first impressions are I'm an arrogant and a cocky person. Blah. But really if you have gotten to get to know me better, you'll see that I'm not all that you think about when you first meet me...I'm WORSE hahaha *grins*

No really, now, seriously, I choose to minimize all kinds of social interactions with new people unless I'm with my really good friends, because I'm afraid they won't get my humour.
Now you may think I have a really "superb splendid extraordinary" sense of humour to keep me from getting to know new people, but it's not that really, it's the other way around. Argh stress.
And sometimes I say harsh things not with the intention to hurt my talking opponents, it's just out of habit. Growing up, my mom indirectly taught me how to speak up whatever in your mind that you think is right, so that's what I oftenly (is this even a word?) do until now, but what she didn't teach me well is WHEN is the right time to say it so sometimes I just spill everything out like a leaked pipe. Yay.

No comments: