Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Delicate

As I'm growing up, my ear-range of music is becoming wider. If I were 5 years old and Damien Rice's Cannonball were played on the radio, I would have changed the tune right away. But now, I can listen to anything. From those cheesy Korean songs, those depressive, deep, and mellow songs, alternative, r&b, 50s, hardrock, ANYTHING. What Imma tryin to say is....hell, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY.

Mmkay..there's this one Damien Rice's song, Delicate. When I listen to it, well...it is kinda..DEPRESSIVE. You can say so. Rice kinda gives you that effect, both the singer, and the food. Hahaha. The song is deep, hard to comprehend, and all that depressive song is made up to be.

So I googled the meaning of the song. Well most of them are from the listeners. I was really lookin for the explanation from Rice himself, but couldn't find it. Some of them say it's about a love affair between friends..confusing love..an affair that is denying being a love affair..blablabla..some say the word 'hallelujah' in the chorus is not referring to anything religious but to a jeff buckley's song hallelujah..but there's this one explanation that really caught my eye.

He/she said that it speaks of the intimate relationship between God and humanity portrayed. Like, the relationship between God and human beings is like a love affair, and God can be jealous as well. Hahaha. Just like my Catholic teacher said in one of his lecture. In my own opinion (look at me talkin like my own opinion really matters hahaha), it's about two people who are in love so passionately, they even might kiss when nobody's watching, they even might make love in SACRED PLACES, but somehow it's all gone. It can be whatever we want to interpret.
Well, one thing for sure, the song creates exactly the impact Damien Rice wanted his listeners to feel after they listen to this song, that is: DELICATE. Nyahahahahahah. Godspeed.

No comments: