Saturday, June 27, 2009

Love (Not) Actually

Been thinking a lot lately. A friend of mine told me last night to write something "genius", apparently cause I've been pretty fucking Boring with capital B lately. Ok, that was some pressure she put on me. Hahaha. Tick tock tick tock... Yeap..so..what I got to write? Politic? No..too apathetic and self-professed to write about politic... Economy? Fuck I hate numbers. Religion? Starting to grew tired of that topic. I really have no idea what I got to write here. I consider this blog as my rubbish bin. I just throw everything here without consideration. And I know none of them are genius sampah, but is there any such thing as "genius sampah"? Haha. But, like sampah, there are organic and non-organic ones, some you can recycle, some you just can't. Hehe. So I think I'll just go back at what I'm good at, bitching and whining. Nyahahah.

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. -Erica Jong-"

EVERYTHING IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE. Love has surely made everything cracked up. Let's not talk about the cheesy love between a boy and a girl, or a boy with a boy, or even a girl with a girl. Those are just too overrated. One's love for position and power has made one sold all one's assets for a so-called kampanye, and finally one ended up broke, crazy, in another word, cracked up. In the name of one's love for God, one sacrificed one's life and OTHERS as well, so abruptly, it even hurt a greater amount of other people as well. All for the sake of religion, for one's love for religion.
For one's love towards someone, one even dares to confront and insult one's God, saying such shallow things such as, "I don't think He really loves me cause He has always given me boyfriends with different religions." COME ON?
You may ask, does love really that destructive? Well don't assume too quickly. As destructive as it is, you will find a lot of definitions of love. My favorite definitions of love is the one in Dan in Real Life. "Love is not a feeling, it's an ability." It strucked me right ahead. It's "How much can you love someone?", not "How much do you love someone?"

One of the most classic love quotes is the one from 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy. Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude; It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongdoing. It does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves. There is nothing love cannot face; There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance. In a word, there are three things that last forever: Faith, hope, and love; But the greatest of them all is love."

There there, my two favorite love quotes. The others are just boring, cliche, or bullshits.
So, sometimes, I just get really tired, really bored of people, including myself, asking about what love is, asking where the love is, screw all that! When you feel something, just go for it! No, no, lemme correct that, when you feel something to someone, just follow your urge, whether to love them or hate them or thrill them. Cause love is not something you feel, it's something you do. That's why we say "I Love You", it's a verb! Yeah!
Got tired already. Godspeed.

No comments: