Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Before Sunrise

Conversations flow. They really do. A beautiful guy met a beautiful girl on a train to Vienna, she caught him by the eye. She kinda hooked him first by the whole thing about how as couple gets older they lose their ability to hear each other, like they sort of nullify each other, and he thought it was nature's way of allowing couple to grow old together without killing each other.

Well..that was a hook. Hahaha. Soon they were wandering the streets of Vienna, talking, laughing, and all. Ever since I read this novel Love in Prague by Judith an Indonesian writer, Eastern Europe cities have always been my dream destinations. But you know, not that goal-oriented, like researching on them history and stuff. I just dream on visiting them later. If I got the money, and If I do, I WILL spare the time for God's sake. Amazing how a single novel about Prague can hooked me up that much on Europe, than any kind of pictures, videos, or movies did. And this movie just a kind of suplementary to it all. A sweet movie about love, life, strangers, with Europe background.

The guy, Jesse, is all this American guy, bitter, but in heart I think he is someone who believes so much in love, that when it hurt him, it turned him cynical. The girl, Celine, is this free-loving, independent, sweet, smart French girl, who always has her own takes on everything.

I just..hate the ending. (Warning you for some bloopers) They could've been forever. They're clearly each other's angel and demon. But they choose not to. Over what? The fear of being depressed? Urgh. Sure they could get to know each other...lose interest in each other...but that'd be better than give the whole thing up, right? It kinda bugs me of how people willing to sacrifice so little for something they know is right and almost heaven-made.

Four thumbs up for both actors though. The acting is incredible. Well, I heard in real life Hawke and Delpy managed to become a couple, but then broke up. The word said Hawke broke up with her over Joely Richardson. But I didn't really knew. I wasn't a fan of Hawke then. Guess I kinda am now. Never thought beautiful guys would be so attractive. Haha.

I can't pick my favourite quotes. The movie itself is my favourite quote to life. So...is Before Sunrise my favourite movie..? Yeah I guess so. Watch it to get it. Overall I give it 4.5 stars out of 5. It loses the half star for the sucky ending. Haha.

3 comments:

Raisya Elias said...

I haven't watch before sunrise yet but do have watched before sunset.. ahahaha!!!

[rei] said...

fav movie all the time...
before sunrise-before sunset....
cintaaaaa...semua dialog nya pinter!

Bernardine Stefani said...

@rei: iya emg asoi bener nih film. aktingnya juga ngalir banget yak hahahah

@raisya: yah...nih anak..hahaha ntn lah. before sunrise lebi asik rai hahahah