Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doha Day 4

I've been playing the sims for almost 5 hours straight. Trying to create a new neighborhood called (guess what?) FORKS. Hahaha. Yeah. Done creating the Swan family, got too tired and now buffering some Exploration Human Body episodes on Youtube. Geez, maybe I should start doing something more productive. Like, hmmm, taking a shower. Or, make my bed. I really can't wait to see the beach!

Trapped in this big apartment, just me and my mother alone, I thought about things (yeah right, like what? What wallpaper should you use for the Swan's dining room?). I saw how my sister's living in this comfy small place. I saw Ivana's facebook status. She's back to her apartment in Depok and she said 'It's obvious that I love my place.'

Will I, no, will us ever be able to separate from the place we've lived in for a long period of time? Will I later, after I graduate, be able to separate from Depok? It has been such a routine, walking to the class, hanging out at campus, eating at Jeri or Sasari, playing with Randu, Oriz, Vana, Sandra and other fellow dormers. I think it will be unbearable to be apart from all of that I don't even wanna think about it. Wait, I'm thinking about it now. Yeah yeah. I haven't even graduated for God's sake. Haha. One thing for sure amongs everything I'm not sure about in this world is that we can't be so sure of anything. Of course I will be able to separate from Depok. I won't die cause of it, I'll live. But to know that I even doubt it is the proof that I really do care about the place. And the people. And don't forget what Paul Child said in Julie and Julia: "Home is wherever we are."

See you and take care of your heart, peeps! Godspeed.

No comments: