Sunday, August 1, 2010

Self-made Blindness

Some people feel so great for not missin a single mass every week. That same some people also feel great for havin a lot of friends with the same belief, and perhaps, the same class in society. Okay, maybe this is the most classic stereotyping, I'm sorry but some people like moi myself can't help it.

There are sooo many reasons of why I don't go to church anymore, and I can't even find a single one why I should. And why am I sayin it proudly and blabbin it all here for you strangers and earthlings to see? First of all, I'm not proud. It's just a fact that I just couldn't hold on to that left-me-an-empty-inside-after-effect habit that we, Catholics, called mass.

Secondly, it seems like some people have forgotten one very basic thing that we Catholics should implant very deep in our minds and hearts, something that Dan Brown once tried to implicitly explain in his oh-so-mind-blowingly-divine book, The DaVinci Code. One fact that: Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. Yeah, she was a prostitute, yet she was God's best friend. He wants people to REACH OUT to those who are in need, be INCLUSIVE, not EXCLUSIVE. If you only hang out with the people you like, people you think match your social status well, you shouldn't be proudly adding 'GBU's or 'Thanks God's in your everyday speeches, should you?

I ain't writin these all so you can practice what I preach. I don't even practice what I preach, so who am I to tell you to do so? My very underlined, bold, and italic point is that, if you're saying 'Oh this is so me' to yourself after you read all the stuff I wrote above, please stop act like your God's super holy disciple. Please stop writing out your prayers in your facebook statuses or tweets or another hey-look-at-me! websites. Please stop bringing up your church in the things you say or do if you don't even wanna befriend someone who has lost his/her faith in the Big J, or someone who hates church. Everyone has their own saying, and if you think you're really that great, then why don't you try to reach out and fix that someone?

Seriously, sometimes it's not the church or the religion that makes people blind. It's the people themselves, they took the iceforks and stab their own eyes with it.

Last thing last, I swear I'm not writing it because of one particular person, it's just out of common observations, from stories I heard, and my own experiences. No particular person intended, so don't flatter yourself, whoever you are. Read this post with an open mind, even leave a hate comment if you want. Like I care. Hahaha. Godspeed.

2 comments:

Pramesti WIdya Kirana said...

I LOVE this post!!!

riska said...

Ni, i recommend "have a little faith" by Mitch Albom.